On my rainy commute home, I try to get you to:
- Stop fighting on social media and avoid toxic people.
- Limit your news intake and reduce entertaining (or reacting to) your negative or obsessive thoughts.
- Stop letting people (including you) waste your time. Minimize distractions that take you off course or make you upset.
- Stay on this planet with us even if you are depressed or in agonizing, relentless daily pain. There's help and support.
- Reduce TV but if you don't, make sure it's fuckin' funny.
- Know how to set hard and serious boundaries with people who consistently suck the energy and time out of your day by venting their many problems to you (and that includes following their negative, ranting social media posts). You can do it politely.
Do not give your time freely unless it is to your kids (who depend on you) or your boss or customers (who you depend on). Fuck everyone else.
Seriously, dude...let these attention-seeking drama queens go suck the life and time out of someone else so you can get your goals planned and accomplished. I mean it.
Stop saying yes to every social invitation, too. Focus on getting your shit done. Make it a goal to focus on your goal setting. FOMO is real but, oh well. It was probably not going to be that fun, and you would rather be at home anyway. You know I am right.
- Increase laughter in your day somehow. Find it or create it. It's healing and positive and fun and playful and joyous.
Oh yeah, btw....I also occasionally talk about very personal, sometimes intimate subjects because I don't filter myself, so you have been warned (teased)?
Thanks for being part of my journey to improve and find happiness and success in this short and precious life. I know I am often negative, so this seems hypocritical, but I’m trying to grow. We are in this together, you fuckin' asshole. ;-)